Mentioned below are the factors which determine the approach:
- Write appropriate test cases for the APIs and use testing techniques like boundary value analysis, equivalence class, etc. for verifying the functionality.
- Verify the calls of the combination of two or more value-added parameters.
- Define the scope and basic functionality of the API program.
- Define the accurate input parameters.
- Test case execution and comparison of the results with expected results.
- Determining API behavior under conditions like the connection with files, etc.