AWS has the following role in DevOps:
1) Flexible services - Provides ready-to-use, flexible services without the need to install or set up the software.
2) Built for scale - You can manage a single instance or scale to thousands using AWS services.
3) Automation - AWS lets you automate tasks and processes, giving you more time to innovate
4) Secure - Using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), you can set user permissions and policies.
5) Large partner ecosystem - AWS supports a large ecosystem of partners that integrate with and extend AWS services.